The term scatterometry summarizes multiple non-imaging optical measurement methods used to reconstruct periodic structures down to nanometer size, i.e. below the optical Abbe-limit. Scatterometry has proved to be a powerful technique for CD and profile metrology and has established itself as one of the mainly applied methods for CD metrology in semiconductor industry.
- Design and Fabrication of Near- to Far-Field Transformers by Sub-100 nm Two-Photon-Polymerization (DFG)
- Development of functional sub-100 nm structures with 3D-Two-Photon-Polymerisation-Technique and optical methods for characterization (DFG)
- Ferreras Paz, V., Frenner, K., & Osten, W. (2014). Increasing Scatterometric Sensitivity by Simulation Based Optimization of Structure Design. In W. Osten (Ed.), Fringe 2013 - 7th International Workshop on Advanced Optical Imaging and Metrology (pp. 345–348). Springer Berlin Heidelberg.
- Ferreras Paz, V., Peterhänsel, S., Frenner, K., & Osten, W. (2012). Solving the inverse grating problem by white light interference Fourier scatterometry. Nature Light: Science & Applications, 1(11), e36.
- Bilski, B., Frenner, K., & Osten, W. (2011). About the influence of Line Edge Roughness on measured effective–CD. Optics Express, 19(21), 19967.
- Ferreras Paz, V., Peterhänsel, S., Frenner, K., Osten, W., Ovsianikov, A., Obata, K., & Chichkov, B. (2011). Depth sensitive Fourier-Scatterometry for the characterization of sub-100 nm periodic structures. In Proceedings of SPIE (Vol. 8083, p. 80830M–80830M–9).
- Osten, W., Ferreras Paz, V., Frenner, K., Schuster, T., & Bloess, H. (2009). Simulations of Scatterometry Down to 22 nm Structure Sizes and Beyond with Special Emphasis on LER. In AIP Conference Proceedings (Vol. 1173, pp. 371–378). AIP.
- Schuster, T., Rafler, S., Ferreras Paz, V., Frenner, K., & Osten, W. (2009). Fieldstitching with Kirchhoff-boundaries as a model based description for line edge roughness (LER) in scatterometry. Microelectronic Engineering, 86(4-6), 1029–1032.
- T. Schuster, S. Rafler, W. Osten, P. Reinig, T. Hingst, "Scatterometry from crossed grating structures in different configurations", Proc. SPIE 6617, 661715-1 – 661715-9 (2007)
- M. Totzeck: „Numerical simulation of high-NA quantitative polarization microscopy and corresponding near-fields", Optik 112 (9), 399-406 (2001)