Institut für Technische Optik
GPS coordinates: 48.746968 (lat.), 9.105933 (long.)
Arrival by Car
- Leave the A8 at the Autobahn junction Stuttgart in direction Vaihingen (A831).
- Leave the A831 at the exit "Universität", and keep left (at the traffic lights).
- Turn left behind the traffic lights, across the A831, after the road-bay with the Informationstable turn right into the Pfaffenwaldring.
- At the second possibility turn left (at the signs "11", "13" and "15", and not at the signs "7" and "9"), subsequently turn left onto the parking lot.
- Through the Service Entrance enter building No. 9 (IWZ = Ingenieurwissenschaftliches Zentrum) and immediately encounter stairs and elevator.
- On the first floor the rooms of the ITO lay to your left. In the first corridor to your left at the third door on the right you can find the secretatriat.
Arrival by Public Transportation
- From Stuttgart central station ("Hauptbahnhof") take the S-Bahn S1, S2 or S3 in direction "Herrenberg", "Flughafen/Airport", "Filderstadt" or "Vaihingen". From Stuttgart Airport take any S-Bahn (S2,S3) towards the city center ("Hauptbahnhof", "Schorndorf" or "Backnang").
- The S-Bahn station "Universität" (not "Vaihingen") is located directly on the Campus. The S-Bahn elevators are directly facing the building No. 9, so make sure to come out of the station on the side with the elevators.
- After entering Building No. 9, turn right and walk towards the Cafeteria, but turn left before you enter it, into a long corridor. Use the stairs or elevator to reach the first floor. On your right hand side you'll find the rooms of ITO. Take the first corrridor on your right to find the secretariat (third door on the right).